Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Measure It Pro" auto-profiling? Android?
Hi,

I saw "Measure It Pro" in the Unity Asset store. I had a few questions.

(1) I saw your online documentation, and it looks like I can profile my code without the need to manually insert any additional code to each method in my scripts. It looks like this is all automatic, and I can manually insert slots or identifiers is for extra resolution, but not required... Is that correct? Basically, it is very important for me that automatic profiling is available as I do not want to manually edit every script.

(2) Can I profile my mobile app? Is it only post processing or can I also profile my mobile scripts live? I want to profile my app on an Android phone.

Thanks,
- hemdanw
Hi,

(02-16-2013, 07:17 PM)hemdanw Wrote: (1) I saw your online documentation, and it looks like I can profile my code without the need to manually insert any additional code to each method in my scripts. It looks like this is all automatic, and I can manually insert slots or identifiers is for extra resolution, but not required... Is that correct? Basically, it is very important for me that automatic profiling is available as I do not want to manually edit every script.
Unfortunately this isn't possible, not with Measure It! Pro, not with any other solution running within Unity. The Profiler of Unity Pro does exactly what you want by hooking into method execution, but afaik this cannot be done without access to the core engine. MIP helps you to minimize the effort and by presentating values with auto-hierarchy, but you have to add calls to MIP manually, that's the fate of Unity Free users (like I am, too).

Quote:(2) Can I profile my mobile app? Is it only post processing or can I also profile my mobile scripts live? I want to profile my app on an Android phone.
This also is a feature of Unity Pro. What MIP can do is record the data you would normally see in the console and the MIP editor window while you play the app, save the recorded data to a file or upload it to a remote address. You then import that data into Unity on your desktop and it will look like it has run locally, all logs/times etc. are visible to be reviewed by you. This is much more straight forward than analyzing the Debug.Log output in a text viewer.

Best regards
Jake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Measure It! Pro 1.04 released Jake 0 1,630 01-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jake
  Measure It! Pro released! / Roadmap Jake 0 1,733 01-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Jake